Partnership for the Rejuvenation of Maidenhead
The Partnership for the Rejuvenation of Maidenhead (PRoM) is a cross party steering group that is independently chaired. It was formed in 2008 in response to a growing desire to see the town centre improve. PRoM led on the development and adoption of the Area Action Plan (AAP) which is now shaping the future of the town.
“We want Maidenhead town centre to become the distinctive heart of the community, a place that celebrates its green Thames Valley setting. A town which is both accessible and welcoming, with a vibrant economy providing an appealing home to people and commerce. This is our vision and what we set out to achieve.” Bob Dulson, Chairman for PRoM.
Regeneration will result in:
- Over 1,000 residential units in the town centre
- Nearly 100,000 sqm of new office space identified in the AAP
- An enhanced retail offer in the town
- Additional town centre and commuter parking, improved station public realm and bus, rail and taxi interchange
- Quality public realm including a town square, community and cultural facilities
- Improved leisure offer for town including cafes and restaurants
- Regenerated town centre waterway – bringing the Thames to the town
- Improved links to London with Crossrail, making Canary Wharf just 55 mins away.